The Gallo Center for the Arts Volunteer Program
New Volunteer Orientation
New Volunteer Orientation is on Tuesday, January 25 at 6:00 pm in the Marie Damrell Gallo Grand Lobby and Foster Family Theater.
More than 200 active volunteers donate thousands of hours each season to support the Gallo Center and its mission to illuminate, educate and entertain our community. They play a very special role and are essential to the overall success of the Center, in particular by helping to provide a quality experience for all of our guests.
Using a polished appearance and proactive approach to their work, volunteers are essentially ambassadors to the community. The duties they perform include:
- Lobby greeters
- Ticket takers
- Concessions servers
- Administrative assistance
- Help with on-site and off-site special events
There are lots of great reasons for joining our volunteer family. You will make wonderful new friendships, give back to the community, receive ticket discounts to many performances, enjoy annual dinners celebrating our volunteers, and more. The personal dedication and pride taken by our volunteer staff is greatly appreciated by the community and our patrons.
If you would like to be a part of this wonderful group, please attend an upcoming quarterly orientation session at the Center. Information on the sessions is available by calling our Volunteer Hotline at (209) 338-5025.
TRAINING AND ORIENTATION
Before volunteering at the Center, you must complete a comprehensive training and development session designed to give those interested in the program the support needed to perform duties while simultaneously enhancing their volunteer experience. The session covers several topics including customer service, concessionaire duties, ushering and directing patrons, emergency procedures, and more. Trainings are always held at the Gallo Center for the Arts located on 1000 I Street in downtown Modesto and last one hour.
ELIGIBILITY & PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS*
Volunteers must be at least 18 years or older to volunteer as an usher and 21 years or older to assist with our concession duties. Volunteers must also be able to stand for extended periods of time, and be comfortable with stairs. The Gallo Center for the Arts requires that each volunteer enroll for the duration of the season and be available to serve as an usher at least 3 events per month.
*All volunteers must complete a criminal background check form and provide a payment of $25 prior to their first day of volunteering. Payments in the form of check, cash or credit card can be accepted by the Front of House Manager. All information and paperwork is confidential.
APPLICATION PROCESS/SIGNING UP FOR EVENTS
Prior to becoming a volunteer at the Gallo Center for the Arts applicants must register through our volunteer website. Please follow the steps below to register:
- Visit https://www.galloarts.org/volunteers
- Click “Register Now”
- Fill out all of the required information. (For the attendance ID enter your 10 digit telephone number.) Once the form is completed, you will receive an activation code via email.
- Log into your personal email to activate your account and enter the activation code.
- At this time an administrator with GCA will receive notification that you have registered and will activate your account once you have completed training and orientation.
- If you are unable to access the system right away, check back in 24 hours and you will be cleared to access the system.
- You will also use https://www.galloarts.org/volunteers to sign up for events. Click on the Volunteer” icon to sign up for events.
If you wish to volunteer, but do not have computer or internet access, call the Volunteer Hotline at (209) 338-5025.