The mission of the Gallo Center for the Arts is to enrich the quality of life in the San Joaquin Valley by providing an inspirational civic gathering place where regional, national and international cultural activities illuminate, educate and entertain. The Gallo Center for the Arts celebrates the diversity of our community by offering an array of affordable cultural opportunities designed to appeal, and be accessible, to all.
The Gallo Center for the Arts will accomplish this mission through programming that:
- Provides a venue for the area's leading performing arts organizations
- Brings great performances from around the world to the area
- Offers motivating arts education programs for youth
Central Valley Center for the Arts/Gallo Center for the Arts is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and all contributions are tax-deductible.
Tax ID#: 56-2607443
Working together to build a better tomorrow
The Gallo Center for the Arts is made possible by a public/private partnership with the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors and the generous community donors to the Gallo Center for the Arts. The combination of public and private money is so frequently used to fund cultural centers because of the number of civic benefits projects bring to the communities such as:
- The well-documented economic development impact of such projects on downtown centers
- Increased tax revenues by attracting new businesses and homeowners
- Enriched educational opportunities for young people
- Opportunities for local artists to expand audiences and to develop organizationally and artistically.
These outcomes are of incalculable civic values to a community, and for this reason, enlightened local governments, like Stanislaus County, are eager to reap the proven benefits of such projects for their residents.
“So many have worked so hard and given so much to bring the Gallo Center for the Arts to our community,” stated Patty Hill Thomas, Chief Operating Officer for Stanislaus County and project manager for construction of the center.